Sunday, December 11, 2011
So this is what my organizer used to look like. I undid most of the seams to be able to fold it up to a rectangle. Chose two new fabrics that I sewed together and attached to the rectangle, then I started making new pockets for all the needles.
Now there's room for all my DPN's, circular needles, knit pro's and hooks. Hooray!
If you ever plan to make an organizer like this, please do yourself a favor and THINK, long and hard, about what you want to keep in it and how big place each thing will need. I thought I had done so, but when I started putting all my things in place, I realized I could have done with less pockets in one size, and more in some other sizes...
But I managed to put it all in there, and they are all so much easier to find now. And I get a much clearer view of what I have. Maybe there won't be enough room in it for all my needles if I keep buying knit pro's for instance, but if I know myself right I won't be too disappointed if I have to make a new organizer when that day comes.